I've had to use the above phrase several times the past few days. I guess I just look so Danish that folks speak this giberish to me and I have to stare blankly and dumbly say, "I speak English," and then they kindly speak to me in English. It's really not hard to get around here not speaking the language. Although I was a little concerned about the lunch meat I bought. I was hoping it wasn't something strange like goose liver. Turns out it was just chicken.
We've now added to Metro as another form of transportation. I tell Baby that it's the fast train, not like the choo choo train she road with Grandma. She always tells me about riding the train with Grandma.
Of course we used the train to get to a bit of shopping. Turns out that udsalg is on. "The Sale" that is. And the sale is just about everywhere. And yes, the Visa does work!
Oh, here's a funny Danish thing. These Danes leave their babies outside to sleep! In these huge pram buggy things. Now, that is odd enough, but listen...they lock up the buggy! So, they are concerned some thug will take off with the buggy, but not the baby?! Odd.
Our visit is coming to an end, and we sure have enjoyed it. I think we're taking a bike ride tomorrow to see a palace and have a picnic. Fun!
1 comment:
I can't believe they leave their babies to sleep outside! Crazy!! Hope you have a safe trip back.
Post a Comment