Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Copenhagen Highlights

Let's see. I haven't really given much detail about what we've been doing. Saturday, after a bit of rest, we took Baby to the courtyard and she played awhile in the sand. There are also lots of toys for her to play with outside, like push cars and such. Then we went for a walk and found an ice cream store giving away ice cream! Yum. After an early dinner that was the night Baby slept for 15 hours.

Sunday we rode bikes out to a suburban type area to Big Brother's girlfriend's mom's house. Let's call her "C". BB's girlfriend, that is. We enjoyed spending the afternoon there and a somewhat typical Danish meal. Baby liked playing with C's niece and running about in the garden. Then we drove out to this arboretum type place...much more natural though. With walking paths and nature stations (like chickens and a tank with tadpoles, etc...) for a bit of cake and juice. Speaking of the car...here are all the types of transportation we've used:

airplane, van, shuttle, taxi, bus, bike, personal car, boat. all without a car seat.

Monday we went out to a former castle that is now used by the military, but the grounds are a public garden. We took a boat ride and learned about the history. Next we found the hot dog festival! The hot dogs were mostly the same except the weenie is much longer than the bun. And some of the toppings are different. And the only choice of drink was chocolate milk, but no one complained. After a stop at a cafe we made it home to prepare for dinner and relax.

Baby has still be sleeping in, so we've been getting a late start. That's a welcomed change! Tuesday we walked (no bikes today!) to this hippie type place called Christianea where I bought a purple scarf to keep my ears warm. Then I hiked up about a hundred million steps to the top of this church, mostly just to say I did. It was a neat view, though. A bit scarey I must admit. We spent the afternoon a Big Brother's place and had friends over for dinner. Tomorrow I'm on my own...I think we'll be able to manage. I'll let ya know!

No comments: