Friday, June 26, 2009

Cookies for breakfast...

and other lazy parenting techniques.

Baby doesn't normally get cookies for breakfast, but she did the day after we returned from Denmark. There was a bag sitting on the table, and Baby said, "I need cookie!" and I thought it was just easier to give it to her than not.

"Baby! Go inside and watch TV! It's too hot to be outside!" Another technique of mine.

"No bath, Mommy! No bath!". OK. Sure, let's just go to bed and skip the bath. Who cares about the pile of sunscreen and sweat she had flooding down her little body today. Not to mention popsicle and Mexican food. Alls I know is she's already asleep, and that's good with me!

I'm kinda in the camp that if it's not going to do long term damage, and if it's not dangerous, why bother?! You want to try my coffee...sure, have a swig. My coke? Ok. Wear my shoes and carry my purse? Fine with me. Put your sunglasses on upside down or swim in the bath like it's the pool? Ok. Pour out all the contents of the backpack and pour your own milk...works for me, too. I'm getting tired, Hubby! You better come home soon or there's gonna be quite a bit of damage control you'll need to do!

Here is something cleaver Baby said:

She burped the other day and said, "I went toot toot from my mouth!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally right there with you about is this really a battle I want to fight right now??
Also, so cute about the burping...Carley said something similiar the other day. She had her head on my tummy, and it growled, she said, "mom, your tummy is tooting"

Mr. Fellers said...

Hilarious.
Honey, I will be there just as soon as I can to introduce a little discipline and authority into her life, Army style. Kidding, but FYI I'm planning to use push ups, flutter kicks, and jumping jacks as punishments.
Anyhow, I look at it as letting her explore and find out for herself that when she eats cookies for breakfast she gets hungry before lunch. And when she dumps out her backpack, she has to put everything back in! You're a great mom!

BTW, the Army field manual says you only have to take like one shower per week and try to brush your teeth at least once per day so she's well within regulations.

The Clarks said...

So cute! I am laughing so hard!