Poor Baby stirred up an ant pile at school today. I had just picked her up and we were already outside of the fenced in playground when she saw someone walking dogs. Baby loves dogs so she started walking towards them across the grass and musta walked over a fire ant pile. I didn't even notice anything until her teacher yelled at me to pick her up. Ants all over her poor little feet and legs! We started wiping them off as fast as we could and then they got the water hose out to spray them off...those suckers are strong and mean! Luckily she only got a few bits, but the whole thing sure did frighten her. Poor little girl. She is funny, though...I asked her (as I do every night), what her favorite part of the day was, and she had a new answer for a change. She usually responds, "park" even if we didn't go to one. But today she said, "school". When I asked her which part at school, she said, "bug bites"! So weird. I wonder if she liked the attention?
Anyway. We came home and I got out a new toy for her (given the ant business), and the thing didn't work! Dumb 'ole bubble machine. Guess I'll have to take it back. She liked the Nemo jump rope from the dollar store better anyway. Then we had to make a trip to sonic (half price burger night), and Baby told me she needed to get out of the truck and dance. What a cutie. So, we ate there and she happily danced with her burger to the Beatles and the like. And to pass on a little Sonic freebie...free root beer floats from 8 AM until 12 PM tomorrow (Wed.)! Guess who is going there tomorrow after school?
PS: I remember a year ago I kept wishing it were next year. Well, now it is! Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment