Saturday, July 11, 2009

Spots, yikes!

So, Baby had these weird spots yesterday, and I didn't think too much about them until we went outside and they started springing up all over her body. Then I took her inside and gave her a bath and talked to the nurse who didn't seem too concerned. I thought it might have been the skin so soft I slathered all over her the other day to keep mosquitoes off. Anyway. This morning we were on our way into the Y for some much needed yoga for me when I took a good look at her...she was COVERED in these freaky spots! All over! Not a rash, not bites...just spots. Ew. So, I begrudgingly did the responsible thing and didn't take her into the childcare to infect all the other children. Instead we had a Saturday morning trip to the doctor. Ick. It seems that Baby has a freaky virus...just some weird virus that has morphed out of her skin. It sure is a good thing that Baby is normally healthy...I'm no good at this sick business. It slows us down! So we had to cancel our swim date and back outta going to see my brand new nephew (thought we should probably keep our freaky spot virus out of the maternity ward, right?) and likely have to stay home from church tomorrow, too. What are we going to do?! Doc said it should calm down within a day or two. Whew! Stay tuned to see how creative I get with this staying home business.

2 comments:

Grams said...

Poor baby....and poor mommy! I hope you're both better soon...

the momma said...

Sorry for the freaky spot-itis. Hope you get to get out of the house soon!