Friday, March 20, 2009

Untitled

So, pretty much since I'm mostly my own companion (me and Baby), I have running blog thoughts throughout the days. But naturally when I sit down to write, all the witty comments have been sucked dry by the mommy brain. I wanted to post the other day with the title of "Happy" but something happened, I got tired, or I forgot, or something. But I do remember that I was Happy. And I wanted to write about it. For a variety of reasons. One, because, well, when you're happy, you usually want others to know. And two, because on some level I feel guilty for being happy. I feel like I'm supposed to wallow around in a deep pit of unhappiness and sack cloth until Hubby comes home. But that sounds depressing to me. So, instead I fill my days up with happy things. And Baby makes me very, very happy. Everyday I ask her what her favorite thing of the day was. I always choose a moment when we were together (like I have any other moments to choose from!!!). Today my favorite moment was sharing a picnic at the Arboretum. I don't suppose I really need to elaborate on what it's like to spend a day with a 2 year old since most of the folks who read this just spent their own day with a two year old. But isn't it fun (a lot of the time, maybe not all of the time)? And it makes me happy. I like it when I crack the code. You know...the one where only YOU (Momma) knows what your baby wants when she says, "mor arnge peas". Seriously. I'm strengthening my resume in the critical thinking/problem solving area. SAHMs should really use that one when trying to get back into the workforce. Which gives me an idea...perhaps I'll become an independent career consultant to women wanting to re-enter work after being out a few years. Not a bad idea. I'll thank my career counselor for that! But back to spending the day with a two year old. There's a lot about that that can make you happy.

Another blog post title is "What in the heck did I even do all day?!". Which is easily answered above (spent the day with a two year old). But sometimes I wonder...seriously. What did I do? I sure can tell you what I didn't do: clean the coffee pot, put away laundry, file, clean up the picnic, unpack the car (from just about any trip), rinse out my coffee cup, throw out the newspaper. I did at least feed us all (including the animals) and bathe us (just the girls, not the animals). And I sang a lot of songs. And read a few books (Baby's not mine). And chased a little girl and took about a million photos. I didn't nap. But I did spend an hour talking with Hubby. I made a tower from blocks and watched Elmo Loves Me. And I got suckered in to spending way too much time on Facebook. Ug. I hate FB. What a waste of time (check FB for pics from today...ha ha ha!). And now, here it is. Time for bed (well, past time for me. I'm really a granny at heart). So. Down with today, onward with tomorrow. I've concluded it's OK for me to be happy, and who cares what I do all day? If I'm happy and all my time is sucked away by my daughter, what in the world could be wrong with that?

A few pics...practicing with props for what the "real" photographer will do next weekend.






1 comment:

Grams said...

It makes me happy to know you are happy!
And baby is the cutest ever, as you know.....