Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Baby is 2 years old! How is it possible? Just like they say, it sure goes in a hurry. I know others may disagree, but I'm having more fun being the mother of a two year old than a newborn. Give me a toddler any day! The newborn stage is sweet and all, but...can a newborn say I love you? No. Baby is very good about saying I love you in her sweet little toddler sing song way.
So, let's talk birthday party. With Hubby/Daddy in The Iraq and all, we kept the party sorta small and at the house. We had a great time! Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and a few friends. What a crowd. Oh, but you gotta check out the cake!

Whadya think? Not too bad, huh? Curious George in case you are wondering. Some of you know I measure my success of motherhood by the birthday cake I make. Some may measure by their child's intelligence, manners, etc...No, I judge myself by cake. I think this one turned out pretty good. Oh! It's cupcakes, even!

So, Baby got way too many toys and she loves them all. Well, mostly. She isn't too keen on the awesome bike we got her, but I'm sure she'll come around. Here it is:

We've been having a great time, but this whole birthday thing is about to
come to an end. Baby has really gotten into what having a birthday is like...she fit right in to getting every thing she wanted. The grandparents are taking her home for the week...whoo hoo! What a treat for us both. Mmm. On second thought, I guess it will be like she's having a birthday every day for the next week (getting everything she wants, that is).
You might think with all the party fun Baby would just sleep and sleep. Nope. Not MY baby. She was up about 4 AM. Thanks to Grand Pop, I got to stay in the bed while he got her up. You might next think she would take a long nap. Wrong again! We did put her to bed early tonight, tho. We'll see what happens in the morning. I'm so blessed with my family. Now, if only that Hubby would come home...












2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad you guys had a blast. I am so impressed by this cupcake cake!I love this bike. I love reading your blog. I have now discovered what what an awesome outlet this is!

The Clarks said...

I am impressed with your cakes! You have some mad skills.