Friday, March 6, 2009

God spoke to me!

Ok, so, maybe not in the dramatic way you hear about in the Old Testament. But still...yesterday was our anniversary (happy anniversary, Hubby!), and the scripture in my daily devotional was one that we had read at our wedding!

As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Colossians 3:12 (NIV).

So, I chose to believe that this was a way of God telling me that He knows me, and He knows the struggles of being a part, He knows the deep loneliness that I feel. And that He created me for Hubby and Hubby for me and we will be together again, amen. Don't you agree? Too much to be "just" a coincidence.

So, you may ask how we celebrated this special day. I'm happy to report we got to talk early, before I headed to work. And he sent flowers! Man, I'm starting to think I get more attention when he's over there in The Iraq (ha ha ha). After work there was happy hour with the office and dinner with a couple of my lovely lady friends who attended at our wedding (luv ya, girls!). Topped off with a mani/pedi today. Not how I would typically plan to celebrate an anniversary, but not bad.

I've managed to keep busy, and I've gotten caught up with a number of projects, but I sure do miss Baby! I'm looking forward to having her home soon.

1 comment:

John Peterson said...

That's pretty cool.

JOhn