For nearly a year we've had Friday Pizza Movie Night. Right around the time Little Baby was born, I think I just needed it to be OK to totally veg and zone out (like I wasn't already doing it, I just needed everyone else to do it with me) in front of the TV. And a night off from the kitchen. Thus began Friday Pizza Movie Night, which lately has actually been renamed Friday Family Fun Night, because we've sorta had a lot going on. But anyway. Tonight we watched Where the Red Fern Grows, and the whole family (well, excluding Little Baby) had tears rolling down our faces. What a wholesome and sad and wonderful movie. I almost want another dog!
After putting Little Baby to bed for the night, the rest of the family headed out to the garage, where I held a voltage meter while Hubby tried to sort out a voltage regulator piece on the tractor he's refurbishing. I had to chuckle. And if you're still with me, you're probably quite confused. Yes, we do live in a large metropolitan area. I did just write foreign words like "voltage regulator", and you read right...refurbishing a tractor. 1978 Ford, I believe. Which has been in pieces in our garage for the last 5 years. I don't care, my car fits in the garage, and Hubby works on that instead of going out with the boys and watching sports. Works for me! And I don't mind to hold a meter now and again either. Almost so wholesome I wanna gag, but I wouldn't have it any other way :) Now I better go chase down Baby (who is somewhere between the garage and back yard getting all sorts of filthy) and get her in bed!
1 comment:
For the record, I had dust in my eyes and they may have watered a little bit right about the time that they had to put old Dan down, and then once more when poor little Ann just couldn't leave his grave...
I guess this place needs to get dusted!
Post a Comment