Monday, May 30, 2011

Big Boy One Fun!






Little Baby is one! Uh, in fact he's been one for a couple of weeks, but I'm just now getting to it. His birthday is on the 14th, but of course Hubby had army that weekend, so we didn't celebrate until the next weekend. No biggie, Little Baby didn't know. So his actual birthday came and went without too much of a fuss, and I took the weekend on the road and visited my parents with the kids. My mom made matching outfits for the kids, and I felt LB's birthday needed to be documented in some fashion, so we spent the morning at a portrait studio where I managed to spend enough money to get all the photos on a cd. Plus about a jillion printed. I really don't need all of these, so if one happens to show up in your mailbox, you know why. After nap we had playtime outside where LB got his first taste of cake, baked in an ice cream cone. He loved it!

Now on to his celebration. We just had mostly family over to the house for burgers and 'dogs and watched the bigger kids run wild in the yard. It was fun, and it didn't rain until after everyone left. If you keep up with me, you know about my feelings regarding birthday cake, and this one proved to be no different. I used a vintage wilton pan (circa the early 1980s) with a "happy birthday" insert. Recently my mom decided it was time I "inherit" her cake decorating supplies (this should give you a hint as to why I'm so fanatic about decorating birthday cakes...I've seen the photos to prove that the cake supplies aren't all I "inherited"!), and this particular pan was part of it. Complete with instructions. Anywho, enjoy the photos. Maybe someday I'll get fancy enough to make a photo slide show or something, but I doubt it :)