Monday, November 9, 2009

Trapped on the elevator

Poor Baby! Today we went to church for Mops, and Baby had a solo ride on the elevator! It has a happy ending, but it was a little scary for both of us for awhile. As we were getting on the elevator together, someone offered to take some boxes I was carrying. As I turned to give them to my friend, Baby got on the elevator and I didn't...and the doors closed! At first I thought it was no big deal...I thought we would just push the button and the doors would open. That happens all the time, ya know? The elevator is full, the doors close, and someone pushes the call button before it leaves and the doors open again. Annoying. But nope, not this time! I could hear her and realized she hadn't pushed any buttons (which is unusual...that is a favorite of hers; she's even pushed the alarm button). Poor little girl...just crying and crying. And no matter how many buttons we pushed, the OTHER two elevators kept arriving. Finally someone must have called an elevator to the first floor because I couldn't hear her anymore. A quick run to the next level, and a nice lady was holding her. Whew! After some special cuddles we were both OK.

She told her teachers that she was crying on the "alligator". And later when I asked her what happened when the doors opened, she said, "The other mommy was holding me." Sweet. I'm glad the "other" mommy was there to greet her.

No comments: