Yup. That's what it was for just over 2 weeks. An alternate reality. And now I'm left not really knowing what reality is. My life is sorta foggy, and it's been that way for over a year now. When will the fog lift? August perhaps?
So, anyway. We had a lot of big fun. Big fun for sure. Some highlights include a concert in the park, a family visit to the World Aquarium, 2 picnics, a trip to the Arboretum, and lots of good food and visiting with friends and family. I call this time an alternate reality because while it was a current reality, it didn't seem to be real life. I mean, normally I'd be insisting that Hubby get up every morning a go to a J-O-B, but, as our alternate reality dictated, there was no job or much of any responsibility at all. And I only went into work a few days, so again, not "real life".
I love Hubby. He is my best friend. He hasn't been gone long, and I'm already lamenting the "coulda, shoulda, wish we woulda" list. Like, I wish I would have written him a nice long letter for him to read on the plane. If I would have done that, I would have told him that all I really need in this life is our God and our family, and my life is full and happy because of him. We had some fancy dates, but I think I was happiest when we were in the backyard watching Baby play. All I want is my little family to be together. Why? Why does it have to be like this? Is anyone benefiting? A prayer I've had since almost the beginning is that this time isn't wasted. I want God to use it to the benefit of something. I don't care what, just something that He wants. I guess I just have to believe that it is. I sure don't know it, though. So, if you're benefiting from this year, could ya let me know? Maybe Hubby and I are in some way. I think that we'll have a different appreciation for what we have. Not some lame "absence makes the heart grow fonder" cliche, but just a different perspective than others have.
Sure was nice having him home. Now I'm back to rolling around like a single marble in the house. Gets lonely. I wonder how I'll sleep tonight. Ah...guess I'll just have to suck it up, though. Put on my big-girl panties and get on with it. Good news is that the chain says less that 120 days. I think it's a little less accurate than it started out. I've missed a night or two, plus since we don't know when this whole thing is over exactly, it's a little hard to count down. I think it should be about 3 months, and I can do that. 3 months is nothing, right? We've got plenty planned for the summer. So, stay tuned, folks, you'll receive your invite to the welcome home party any day now.
PS: Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there!
No comments:
Post a Comment