Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oops

Is the world wide web an appropriate place to tell Hubby I sorta kinda scratched his truck? You see, I was just trying to keep it running for him. I don't ordinarily drive it on the days I work, but it has been a few days, and I thought I would take her out for a spin over to my friend's house. Of course I was late (as anyone with a 2 y.o. always is), and I guess I was in a little hurry, and it's so big (doesn't handle quite like the family sedan, ya know?), and here is what went through my head in mmm...I dunno... .o5 seconds

--mmm, I'm not lined up quite right
--mmm, I think I can make it
--mmm, better try again....
--holy heck, I'm stuck!

Stuck. Stuck that is. Right between the house and the neighbor's fence. Yes, I said HOUSE. Like the brick part. Now here is where I fess up. I once got my car (a camaro) stuck in the garage b/c I tried to turn it around in it. Now that is just so crazy that I really don't care to elaborate. I got a scratch on that car, too. But that was back in high school. Anyway. I guess what I'm saying is that I don't ordinarily get stuck with a vehicle, but now and again I suppose I do. I'm sorry, Hubby! I tried to fix it, but it was just too late. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...man, I'm getting tired. No way out. I'm going to take the fence out. Ooohhh...what to do?!?!? Stop looking in mirrors and just go. That's what I chose. And I think it ended up OK. I didn't plow the fence down, and there aren't any missing chunks from our house. The truck. Well...it's gotta have some character, right? What good is a big 'ole honken' Ford F-250 (yes, that is TWO-50, none of that 150 business around here) without a scratch or two? It's a work truck, let's show it's done something! Or am I just trying to make myself feel better? Well, it actually really isn't that bad, but I must admit, those lines (scratches?) weren't there before.

On a happier note, I'm scheduling another babysitter to come try us out. Yeah! And Baby counted to FIFTEEN without any help. She must have learned that at school; I only count to 10 with her! Dinner was veggie patty, tomatoes, and organic whole grain alfredo with yogurt for Baby, plus a veggie corn dog for me. If I didn't know better, I would think we were healthy!

PS: Baby broke the Elmo Potty DVD!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww I am pretty good at getting cars stuck. I mostly do that with covered parking spots though. I am sure hubby will be understanding I mean the house is still standing and the fence does not sound like its to damaged right?!
Good luck with the new sitter. If it doesn't work out you can always hit me up. I love my lil one ya know!
I think our potty DVD got pidgeonholed somewhere in my house back in the days or I would let you use ours.

Mr. Fellers said...

My Truck!!!??!!!

Are you trying to take some of the heat off yourself by saying that Sadie broke the Elmo DVD? I mean... where do you think she learned THAT?

Seriously, you're right though, that truck already has plenty of dents and scratches. No big deal. But it's going to go down in history along with the time you got your car stuck in my front lawn because you tried to do a 3-point turnaround on a 1-lane driveway, and then left it in Park while I pulled you out. :)