Baby had her first Easter egg hunt today! It took her about 2 seconds to figure out what do to. Once she learned there was candy inside, she went after them even more diligently. Cute. Oh, you might also like to know the dress she wore was made for ME by my grandmother. Vintage. Nice. Baby is heavily influenced by others. Yesterday it was her friend, the other day it was the big girls on the play ground. Today it was a little boy at the egg hunt. She was taken by this boy who was about 4 and she followed him around mimicking his actions. He stumbled and fell, so she (carefully) purposely fell. He ran in circles, she ran in circles. I thought he might think she was babyish and not want to play, but instead he ran to get his mom to introduce his new friend. Then he kept calling her by name asking her to play. Cute now, but what about when all the cool kids are jumping off the bridge?! Note to self: install good decision making skills and self confidence into child. Other things we've been up to...bath time. She likes wearing the hoods on all her towels, and she is still learning what it means when I say "smile". For some reason she thinks she needs to close her eyes. Ah. She'll get it.
We had another trip to the Arboretum. This time we spent a more time checking out the play houses and sculptures before having our lunch.


Mmm. What else. Oh, her signal that she is about to go into the crib is that I start singing. It used to be Jesus Loves Me until she started saying, "No Jesus!". That didn't seem great to me, so I sing different songs now, but her reaction is close to the same. She'll say, "Stop!" Or, "No!" and start squirming like a little worm pitching a fit until I stop. Then we have to read another book One time she even put her hands to my mouth to make me stop! That crazy kid. Bed time is getting to be harder and harder. It's just been about the past month or so that she's started that whole I don't wanna go to bed thing. Ug. At least she is still in the crib, and most of the time once I get her in it there aren't any problems. And I can't remember if I posted that Baby is TOTALLY off the pacifier. She asks for it now and again but I haven't caved! I'm wondering what I'll do for our next road trip, tho. That thing is a life saver. I should probably get rid of them so I don't mess up. Tomorrow is MOPS and a possible play date, then back to school and work.
2 comments:
She's so funny! I like all her crazy faces.
Uh, before you get rid of the pacifiers, remember what happend last time you thought you wouldn't bring them so you wouldn't be tempted to dole one out? I think we really regretted that decision!
Maybe you should at least keep one in case of emergencies... :)
Aw, she's just the cutest! Maybe even cuter than you were in that same dress.....
Post a Comment