I created this blog as a way to connect with "Hubby/Daddy" as he spent time serving our country in Iraq. He's been home for 8 years but the good 'ole US has called him into service again. I'm dusting this old blog off and using it again-mostly to communicate with him. Enjoy!
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Today we talked like monkeys
We are doing summer around here. One week in and we're starting out with a full schedule. We finally spent some time at home this afternoon after VBS, and Joe and I talked like monkeys. Sadie was out shopping with Grams.
So you probably know that the Hubs is in the midst of a train-up pre-deployment. Which basically means he isn't living in my house but the official 9 (12?) month deployment hasn't started, so it's all the same to me. We aren't even in the same time zone.
Yesterday was kinda sad. It's been a real long time since I've cried when he left. In fact I'm not sure that I ever have before yesterday. Perhaps I did during the last deployment, but it didn't make an impression on me I guess. I remember being sad, I even remember what I did the rest of the day. But I don't remember crying. It's probably too early for tears, but a few fell out of my eyes anyway. Don't worry I got over it and now it's just back to new normal.
I wonder who reads this thing, if anyone. Blogging used to be a thing people did as an "online log" remember? Now it seems like blogging is a "thing" people do in order to be followed or discovered or for some other personal gain. Maybe I'll have two. One no one reads where I write about all sorts of personal angst and family happenings and one where I post updates regarding the solider. At any rate, if you've discovered this and want some info, he started train up mid-May and got to spend a few days at home in order to take the PMP test. Project Management Professional. Something like 1.2% of military has earned a PMP. Pretty proud of him.
Now he is off for roughly the next 2 months for more train up before finally going overseas for what I'm hoping what will be no longer than 9 months. I'm counting on seeing him at least once, maybe more before he goes overseas. Also, if you're a military novice, there are no holidays and no weekends. That doesn't mean there isn't any downtime, it just means you might have Tuesday morning or Thursday afternoon off. It also means you don't come home just because it is Christmas.
And finally, I'm so thankful for the offers for help. Carpooling, play dates, and lunch dates (during school) are things that could really help. Meals if you're so inclined, and of course the occasional night out. Also emails, texts, calls just to check in. You don't have to invite us to do anything, just let me know you're thinking/praying about/for us. On that note, you can always pray. We've chosen Romans 15:13 as our verse:
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment