Saturday, June 25, 2016

A Little Saturday Fun

Well we had big fun last week. I posted (uncharacteristically) a lot on FB so no need to revisit it. It was good for my soul, though, to be gone from home without so many reminders about how Hubs isn't here. I got down about it last night and made a lot of people feel sad for me. But again I'm reminded about the power of prayer. Today has been pretty good, and the kids and I sorta stumbled upon some fun this afternoon. Sadie is getting ready for Pine Cove sleep away camp in a few weeks and she has dress up theme nights for which she needs costumes. One night is Night at the Museum and we've never seen the movie. I found a copy at a nearby branch we seldom visit (used to when I lived closer to the area, but haven't been in years) and they happened to have a program from Critterman there! Both the kids got called on stage. Sadie held/touched a legless lizard and Joe touched a hissing Madagascar cockroach. Gross! But a neat program. Next we spent a bit of time in a "cool" part of town grocery shopping and having a cool treat. So not too bad. Guess it's about time to pull some of those groceries out of the freezer for dinner and settle in for movie night!

No comments: