Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Memory Lane

Happy 7th Anniversary, Hubby! Yesterday the Hubs and I celebrated 7 years of wedded bliss. We talked about how I guess it hasn't been all that long, but whoa, we sure have experienced a whole lotta life in those 7 years! 3 houses, 2 kids, and 1 deployment.
We took a trip down memory lane to celebrate. We had dinner at the restaurant where we had our rehearsal dinner (first time we had been back!). When they found out it was our anniversary they spread rose petals on our table and brought us champagne! Fun. Plus the food was great. We topped it off with creme brulee. Mmmmm.
Next stop was the hotel around the corner. Sight our our reception. Again, first time we had been there in 7 years. I was trying to break in the ballroom (who cares there was a sign that said "in use?"), when an employee asked if he could help. When I explained what we were doing, he happily got his keys and Hubby and I started reminiscing. We must have had sweet stars in our eyes or he was feeling generous, and he offered us a drink on the house. We weren't planning on staying out late, but who could pass it up?
Here's to many more anniversary celebrations, Hubs! You make life fun.

No comments: