Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baby!

Lookie, lookie! Baby is almost 5! Her b-day is actually on the 28th, but we are going to be in NM on our first ever ski trip then (post to follow!), so we celebrated this weekend. Side note, I'm seeing that on the little blog ticker on "how old your child is", it's a year out dated. Oops.
So, if you've been with me awhile, you know I judge my motherhood on my birthday cake creations. Success! I'm a good mom for one more year! After brainstorming together, Baby and I came up with a "wear your pjs and watch Jungle Book" party theme. And since Baby can't resist pink, I made a pink jungle flower cake. And since there were about a billion 5 year olds, I also made jungle animal cupcakes (elephant, tiger, monkey, in honor of the animals in the movie). See photos.
It rained and rained and rained on Saturday, so it turned out to be a super duper day for movie and pizza in pjs. Now, I thought I had sent the invitations out a little late, so I pretty much let Baby invite everyone she wanted (all 21 kids). I thought, surely only about 10, maybe 15 will come. Nope. 19. Plus younger siblings and some parents (thank goodness there were plenty of adults on hand!) It was C-R-A-Z-Y. But lots of fun. See photos of the cake, what I thought the party would be like, and what it actually was. Happy Birthday, Baby!




1 comment:

Emily said...

What fun! Great job on the cakes. :)