So this is gonna be Two In One. Our actual spring break is now, but we took a ski trip a few weeks ago with some friends who have an earlier spring break. And it was SO MUCH FUN! I hadn't skied in about 15 years, and Hubby and Baby had never skied. But it came right back to me, and I was just as average as I was 15 years ago. Fine by me! We loaded the car up and drove to Angel Fire, NM with our bestest friends who have kiddos roughly the same age as ours. We stayed over night in Amarillo on the way up, so it wasn't an awful drive. Pretty good in fact. And our friends have access to an awesome house, so the accommodations were great, plus the house was basically across the street from the mountain. Back when I "used to ski" it seems like we had to take buses and leave like at 7 AM to drive an hour to ski. But maybe it's just 'cause I was a cranky teenager. We probably stayed across the street then too. Anyway. The mountain is a great size...big enough for variety, but small enough to be a great place to learn. Hubby took a short class in the morning and was skiing blues the very same day! He'd probably be upset if I didn't mention he skied black before the trip was over, so there ya go. He skied black. Baby (and her friend) went to ski school all day while the babies stayed in day care. The next day we actually took the big kids all the way up to the top! And Baby did great. I loved skiing behind her listening to her hum. Sure, she had a few spills, but no major meltdowns, which is a pretty big deal. I'm hopeful another ski trip is in our future! We had so much fun, not only skiing but spending a whole week with our besties.
Baby actually celebrated her 5th birthday while we were there, too. So that was fun. I think she might have been a little confused, because at this point we had been celebrating for like a week or more. Anyway, I made cupcakes and we went out to dinner.
OK, spring break #2, which is now, and our actual spring break. We've been having fun, but I think today has been the biggest adventure thus far. Monday we met cousins at the Rain forest Cafe, where I had never been and had been wanting to go. The kids had fun, but now I've got it out of my system and don't feel the need to return. It was packed! Dunno why I didn't think it would be, but we got there at 4 so I thought we'd miss the crowd. Today I must have felt real adventuresome, because I took both kids by myself on the rail system here (which I haven't ridden in like 10 years, so it's like I've never ridden it). It was great, though! I did my research and we got on a train and rode for 4 stops before getting off at an underground station, which was exciting. Then we took a short walk to a shopping center and had frozen yogurt. Next we took a trolley ride! There is an old trolley system in the uptown area around here, so we just hopped on, rode the loop, and got off back at the rail station. So, we rode: an outside elevator, a train, a reeeeaaaalllly long escalator, a glass elevator inside that went at an angel, and a trolley. Wow. Lots of transportation. I feel like we conquered the city today! And everyone had a good time, even better.
No comments:
Post a Comment