Little Baby loves dogs. He's recently started crawling, and one of the first things he always goes for is a dog. And since it's been so cold, we have 2 dogs inside from which to choose. I was at the bookstore the other night (which is another topic, because the top floor has morphed into a toy store...say what?!), and was looking at the cutest little toy. A plastic weenie dog that walked around and barked and kinda played a "come and get me" game with a crawler. I checked the price...holy cow! And then I realized, I have the real thing at home, anyhow. Glad I didn't fall into that one! But seriously...pulls the tail, yanks on paws, inserts hands into mouth (the dogs', that is). It makes me a little nervous, but I'm having a hard time keeping him away from them! Glad they are both so tolerant.
On another topic, Baby is a little sick. Not anything serious. Just a little sniffle and cough, really. But she's so lethargic! Not my Baby at all. I'm so thankful that I'm not a mother of ill children. I would really be a basket case. I mean, she doesn't even have a fever (99.4), and I'm all worried and giving her motrin, wondering if I should call the doctor. Then I start playing the conversation in my head, "What are the symptoms?" Me..."uh...well, she doesn't have a fever. She has a sniffle. No, it's clear. And a little cough." And that brings it all back into perspective. No, not really sick...maybe just a little cold. Hope she's better in the morning! But even if she's not, we won't be going to school anyway. Because it's a snow day the THIRD DAY IN A ROW. I swear. I never thought I would be so UNexcited about a snow day. A snow day is no picnic with preschoolers at home! But we've been having some fun watching movies, making cookies, and being lazy. I miss the mid-70s from 3 days ago! We also had a good time in that weather...trips to the arboretum and playing outside. Now THAT's how I like to spend winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment