Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cold Feet



For someone who claims not to be sentimental, I sure am carrying on these days!

Back in the fall Hubby and I decided for various boring reasons that it would be a good time to start thinking about moving. So we did some poking around and found a neighborhood we really liked. Then we found a house. That we really really liked. A lot. And even though we weren't quite ready, we busted it to get our home market ready and make an offer. Ah, but we didn't move fast enough, and the house went under contract.

That was about 2 or 3 months ago, and I feel like we've been moving ever since! We keep clearing out clutter, reorganizing, looking at houses, and even packing things. Now I feel like our home isn't much of a home anymore but rather a house. And we don't even have a for sale sign in our yard...yet. Our realtor is scheduled to take photos this week, and then we'll look over the paperwork, and then I suppose we will move forward with listing our home. This move that I'm already sick of...well...now I'm suddenly not so sure!

This is the first home we bought together. The home that gave me shelter while Hubby was deployed. The home our babies came home to. We like our neighbors. We are comfortable here. There are many many reasons to love this place. And just as many to move on...

Ah, well. Such is life, I suppose!

2 comments:

The Clarks said...

Girl, you and I are going through the same thing! (And I could so relate to your other post about not wanting to let go of kid clothes too!) We also found a house we love, but they won't take an offer until our house is under contract. So, we've also been busting it, clearing out clutter, fixing stuff, etc. (What a chore!) to get ours on the market. We've had a for sale sign in the yard for a week and no one to look so far. I'm afraid someone will snatch up that other house in the meanwhile. Like you, I am sad about leaving, but feel like it's time. My reaction was to tear up when the realtor put the sign in the yard. It's hard when you've made so many memories in your house. Even harder is keeping the house perfectly clean to show with two little kids!

Unknown said...

I completely understand were you are coming from. There are so many memories you want to hold on to with your house. And who could blame you.
Packing my house this week for the move I came across things that the kids sent Chris while he was deployed, the calandar they made stuff like that. Sometimes letting go is the hardest thing you have to do but after a while it starts to drift a bit from your memory. not gone but just somewere in the back in a place you won't forget.
Though when and if you do move you can think of all the wonderful new memories you can create and build there. At first it might not seem like much but in time they will multiply.
Take this from someone who is incredibly centimental! It has taken me 6 years to part with Ella's baby stuff and even then I could hard part with things. I think that is why I take so many pictures. So I can look back and reflect on those wonderful times.
Good luck and I hope it works for you what ever you guys decide to chose!