Thursday, December 10, 2009

Haircut, ballet, and other random things



Yeah, I know I know. I keep going a long time between posts. I thought I would keep it up better even after Hubby came home because I enjoy writing. But it seems that I don't have much to say. I think the world wide web got a look at the casual family chatter that would have happened had Hubby been home all last year. Now since he gets the real thing, I don't feel like I have much to say, ya know? But I know there are a few others who like to keep updated about the routine family things, so here I go again.

Baby finally got her first haircut! And she loved it. I took her to one of those ridiculous kiddie haircut places, which is actually a pretty good idea, but a lot more pricey than me whipping out my scissors. I think now she's gotten a "real" cut I can probably do a bit of trimming. Anyway. Back to the cut. This place has a whole play land for the kids while we wait, which is a good thing since we waited quite awhile. But when she got in the chair she was ready from watching all the other kids. Then they put a movie on and even pump them up with suckers so they sit still. Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Oh, and one more thing, they get this token to put into a machine that spits out a toy when they are finished. Crazy! I remember my mom putting my hair up in like a thousand rubber bands and then just cutting the tops off of all the tiny pony tails. I wonder what that looked like? Mmmm. Maybe I'll try that next.

Other things we've been up to is Christmas tree shopping! It was nice and cold which put us in the spirit, but made picking a tree a quick job. We already have it up and Baby had fun decorating it. You can pretty much tell a 2 year old decorated it, but who cares. It was fun.

And...dudndudu! Ballet parent observance was today! I think we all know that Baby takes ballet because I want her to, not because she does. She even ran up to her teacher not too long ago and said, "I don't want to do to ballet today." Oh well. I keep taking her anyway. And today we got to see her "perform"! So fun. All these little 2 and 3 year olds sorta following directions but all looking adorable in their little ballet outfits. Loved it. Can't wait for the recital in May. And the mother/daughter princess party!

A final story. Today I had a parent conference with Baby's teachers at school. She's 2, are you serious?! Anyway. They just confirmed that she is advanced and wonderful. She is even promoting into the preschool room 2 months early. Can you hear the pride in my writing?! A few posts back I wrote about the need to discipline, and well, I must say that she has made quite a bit of progress since then. Maybe it was a stage? Maybe the discipline actually worked? I dunno. But we are having fun. And I am full. Full of happiness.

No comments: