Sunday, August 23, 2009

I wonder



First the pics:
My favorite photo of the chain!!!! Yes, folks, what you are seeing is ONE LINK to a 400 link chain. We pick Hubby up tomorrow!!!! I could write a whole blog about how I feel about it, and maybe I will sometime, but not tonight.
And, Baby. A 4 AM shot from Friday night. The spots actually got a little worse than that before they started getting better. Today they are a million times better, although still noticeable. I took her to church and mumbled something to the worker about "not being alarmed, she's not contagious" before quickly sprinting down the hall.
So, I wonder. I wonder how I "did" this year. Like I almost want a scorecard. Although not really. A year (or more) ago I started praying that this year wouldn't be wasted. That God's purpose in all of this would be fulfilled and that I would find comfort in His perfect plan. And that someone would benefit. And I think at times I held back and let God do his things, but I know at other times I got all worked up about stuff and forgot to ask for God's help. So, I wonder. I had a hard time accepting that God would WANT a family to be split for a year. My little human mind only sees harm from that. How could that be good? But I must defer to the Bible (Romans 8:28, specifically), that all things work for good (paraphrased). Remember, not that all circumstances ARE good, but that God can use them for His good (my interpretation). So, what was the purpose? Did I let God use it in my life and those around me? I guess we don't always (if ever) know.
I'm excited about Hubby's return, and I'm hopeful for all that is to come...for my family just to be a family. Thanks to all who prayed us through this year; we could NOT have done it without you. Of that I am certain. Amen!

2 comments:

Grams said...

And amen! You were magnificent in every way and a perfect example of strong and courageous womanhood. I'm proud of you, your faith, your perseverance and your sense of humor! May all your days be sunny....

Unknown said...

Your scorecard would read something to the effect of handled all of lifes challenges with patience and strenght. You kept pushing no matter what. You gave it your all and now look where you are at. A few short hours ago your amazing family was reunited and happy to be one again.
I had a long talk with Chris the other night and you where part of it. I admitted to Chris that I was wishing I was more like you when it came to this. I go nuts when life throws a curve ball but you you just take it and run with it and make the best out of it.
I really commend you on how well you did how amazing you where in this last year of "doing it on your own". I know you will cherrish every moment you guys have together.