


Most of the time I'm pretty hard on myself and feel that I fall short in this whole mothering business. But today, ah...today...I was a Good Mother!
I played, I pretended, I served healthy meals. I read, I worked puzzles, and stressed not about the mess. We even went out to our local urban oasis for a bit of nature. The intent was to feed the ducks, but they weren't interested. Baby LOVED feeding the birds, though! And chasing them too. And I guess she thought if the food we brought along (bread) was good enough for the birds, it was good enough for her, too.
Just two cute things (for today)...Baby has started giving ME choices! Both at nap and bedtime she held up 2 books and let me choose which one to read first. That made me chuckle. And at dinner...she opened her full mouth and said, "aaahhhhh". Where did she learn that?! Is it just something deep inside the DNA that makes a child do that? I would normally blame that type of behavior on Hubby, but we know that isn't possible. I had to look away not to laugh out loud!
3 comments:
The pics are so cute. She is one funny little girl!
And it is possible that hubby did teach her that I mean well its all part of that DNA! I am sure he will be proud!!
YES!!! You are an amazing mother. I really enjoy keeping up with you. Powerful Woman You are indeed. That is what we have taught my little one to say.
You are a super woman and super mom!
Post a Comment