One may ask how is it possible that at the ripe old age of 22 months Baby has never been to McDonald's. And the answer is that Momma hates McDonald's. Which may be a little harsh, but I think there are WAY better fast food options. But today was a day of firsts, and one of them was lunch at McDonald's. Not because I wanted to go, but we were with some friends who apparently live there, so we went along for the ride. And it wasn't too bad, but I'm sure we will NOT make it a regular item on the agenda. For a few reasons. One of them is because their menu is retarded. Why is there no option for a single burger and fries? That is what a normal person should eat. No, you must get TWO burgers and fries if you want the meal deal, which I unknowingly ordered. And then when I addressed the issue to the folks at the counter, guess who was met with blank stares. Yes, it was I. I mean, I guess any dummy could see on the menu that a "number 2" has 2 burgers, but I didn't ORDER a number 2. Yet I had 2 burgers. I decided it was easier just to go with it. And guess who ate 2 burgers? No one, thankfully. I did have a little of the second one, though.
OK. The other first was the McDonald's playground, where Baby got stuck! It was so sad. She climbed way up high (OK, fine, so she was playing in the big kid area, but she loves it, normally). And she couldn't get down. I could see her little sad face through the plastic, looking and crying. So sad. When I got up there she had her jacket off (how in the world?!) and another little boy had her in a choke hold. Mean.
So, what a morning. Luckily for Momma she stayed awake the whole ride home and is now considering a nap. Or maybe it is Momma who is considering the nap. Baby is in her crib, so that is a start, but I don't hear sleepy sounds.
While we were out on our McDonald adventure, we missed Hubby/Daddy's phone call. That is always so sad. Oh! And Baby's b-day present arrived...check it out at http://www.skuut.com/
Ug, my tummy feels McGross.
3 comments:
Oh honey... Yes, Mickey D's is not your favorite place, true. Just be glad you're not here because a taco and a burrito from Taco Bell costs $5.40. That's for beef, not some fancy chicken or steak.
And a medium pizza (which is actually the size of an American small) costs over 10 bucks!
That's very sad to hear that Sadie got stuck in the playground. I wish I could have gone up and saved her. I might have given that little boy a choke hold of my own and see how HE likes it!
Oh, that scooter looks totally rad! Do they come in large?
I miss you.
Next time you are at McDonald's you may want to try the "All American" meal. It's basically a happy meal for adults without the toy. A small burger and fries. You'll almost never see it on the menu, but they all have it.
hahahaha! oh man, i should not laugh at that, but man that image is HI-larious.
Post a Comment