Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wednesday Night Tradition

So, I think Baby and I started a new Wednesday night tradition. We went out to dinner together! It was sorta cute and fun. Just Baby and Momma. Of course Baby made all sorts of friends. So, the dinner wasn't fancy or anything...Super Salad. It's nice to get our veggies and Baby gets to try all sorts of things from the buffet. Plus Wednesday is $4.99 night. What a deal.

Let's see. What else. My work week is over, but really next few days will be more work. We all know about that. On a positive note, I think I've figured out a little about this whining business. I think Baby needs more quality time with me. The quantity is pretty good, but it's mostly just me trying to hold it all together rather than having fun with Baby. So, we're trying some new things, and it seems to be working. I hope it continues! Tomorrow's quality time should be all sorts of fun. We have our first lesson at the gym! I think she'll probably win a gold medal at the 20-whatever Olympics. I hope it's held somewhere fun like the Maldives Islands. So, God is continuing to be faithful in 1) guiding me to figure it out and 2) helping Baby get it together. We're hanging in there and I didn't even yell today. Ah. I think I get to reward myself with glass of cheap wine. Cheap b/c they don't really sell the good stuff in those little 4 packs. And a whole bottle would just go bad, so I get the tiny ones when I want to treat myself.

Oh! So cute. Baby gave Flat Daddy a kiss! I said, "Give Daddy a kiss," and she did! Complete with the "mmaaa" sound effect. I even actually got it on video. Can you put video on this thing? According to that little icon I can. Mmm. We'll see.

What else. Oh. I'm sure everyone wants to know the latest on the yard man. We have actually spoken, and it seems that he is having some personal problems. He didn't elaborate, and I didn't ask. OK. So, today, I get a note on my door that he had his equipment stolen, but he'll be by tomorrow to mow. Guess he is going through a real rough time. He coulda called instead of a note...maybe he was in the neighborhood.

I've also been spending sometime researching strollers to replace the hunk of stroller I bought a year ago. If you have kids, do NOT buy a Combi stroller. Inferior product for sure. So, I've narrowed it down to the Joovy Kooper or Baby Jogger City Mini. I'm pretty excited. Trouble is, pretty much I'll have to order online. I did finally find the Kooper in a store, but no luck with the City Mini (which, according to my matrix, is the one to buy). Do I dare make such a purchase without pushing it?!?! Check it out for yourselves and give your opinions if you'd like.
http://www.babyjogger.com/cityminimain.htm
http://www.joovy.com/pages/pd_kooper.php

Off to a little relaxation time.

1 comment:

Grams said...

I love the cute colors of the City Mini...also the storage basket. Can't wait to see pictures of the gymnast!