


So Baby took Hubby/Daddy to Medieval Times for Father's Day. It looks like they both had a great time! I'm so thankful for the father of my children! And for my own father too, of course.
On another not so fun note...I'm about to admit that the newest addition to the family is not perfect, after all. Still very cute and adorable, but not perfect. I *think* he might have colic. It pains me to even type that!!! I so badly do NOT want to admit that we all could be suffering from it. But he's sorta fitting the profile. Inconsolable crying, several hours at a time, at the same time of day, which happens to be from about 8 PM to 10 PM, give or take a an hour either way. It's pretty much awful. If there are any extra arms out there that would like to come give hubby and I some relief some evening, now's the time to volunteer!!! Ah, but I'm such the eternal optimist. I keep hoping/praying every night that it will be different. And one night it will be! It just hasn't been for the past 8. And they say colic usually passes by 3 months. 3 months, people! And I'm going outta my mind at 8 days. Whoa, watch out for me, I'm afraid I might not be in a very good mood! But I am thankful that the rest of the time isn't so bad. He has his normal fussy times like any baby, but not screaming. Screaming is only at night. But maybe tonight will be different....
5 comments:
Avery was a very finicky little one. Until now I had forgotten about how much Avery used to cry when being put to sleep. Amy and I watched a video that helped us out. I can't remember the video's name. I do remember the doctor saying colic was pretty much non-existent and had become a catch all term for people not knowing what to do. He was damn good too and could make any baby instantly go silent. He's like some sort of Baby Whisperer... LOL. I also remember him mentioning that there are two distinct camps for taking care of kids. The "cry it out" camp and the other camp. We're in the other camp. I'll see if I can find out more info.
JOhn
Ella had collic and hers was from around 10pm till about 1am. I feel your pain I really do. It is the worst feeling as a parent knowing that really nothing you can do will stop the crying. I did try a few things that would work briefly but still. We went to our pedi and said that she should out grow it in a few months. About 6 weeks to a month later there was relief. I know sometimes it might be hard but laying him in his crib and walking out of the room might be the closest thing you can do to give yourself a break. Sometimes just a cooling off period of about 5 minutes can make all the difference in the world too. If you come back calm and relaxed it will help baby because he can sense your calmness.
Corinda please please call me if you need a break. I can come hold the lil one, help clean up, make dinner what ever you need.
Oh hon, I really wish I lived closer to you! I could just put Lila down to bed and come over and cuddle screaming Mr. Colicky Man for you. :( Anyway, I hope maybe it's something else that can be fixed with medicine - are they looking into reflux or anything? Hang in there and call me anytime!
Oh and Happy Father's Day to Mike! Enjoy the spaghetti sauce. ;)
I'm so glad to find out you have a blog and so bummed to found out Joe might have colic :(. That's the pits. We'll pray that y'all find a way to cope and/or that he snaps out of it soon. Can't wait to get together soon - hopefully at A's birthday party...? Hang in there!
Found the video and doctor. Took a while for me to find since Amy and I could not remember the name of the video or the doctor. Once I saw the YouTube clip and he talked about the 5-S's I remembered though. Here is the info. If you are interested I can check out the DVD from Richardson Library for you guys.
The Happiest Baby on the Block
http://tiny.cc/88348
JOhn
Post a Comment