Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My House Husband

Everyone should get one of these. I think back in like 1963 they were called House Wives, but a House Husband is so progressive. Let me tell you...I could get used to this! Today he went grocery shopping, waited on the pest control guy, took the dog to the vet, got quotes for a new fence, and had dinner waiting on us when we got home. Dinner was pizza...with a homemade crust! How did I ever manage without my personal assistant?! Of course a woman would have done all this with at least a toddler in tow, but it's not bad for a man...hee hee. Too bad he goes back to his real job at the end of the month.

We've been up to some fun stuff. We spent the holiday weekend sans Baby with my bestest girlfriends (whoo hoo for the 6 pack!). Hubby and one other token husband were the only guys there. It was nice, tho...they took care of all that boat stuff and anything else we needed. We ate and played silly games that made us laugh so much at least one of us (no names, here!) had some bladder issues. Guess that isn't totally fair since she IS 8 months pregnant. We also got out on the lake and water skied. Ahhh.

Next up is a visit to the folks, closely followed by a B&B getaway. Sure is nice to have him home!

3 comments:

Mr. Fellers said...

I'll admit, it wore me out to stay home and take care of the house... It ain't easy!
But it's sure nice to be home.

Grams said...

Love it all.....

Unknown said...

Awww wow you are so lucky. I would love to have that. Oh wait in 7ish weeks I will but eh only on the weekends for now. Glad you guys had a great weekend. Hey tell your hubby he owes me a POG hahaha!