I created this blog as a way to connect with "Hubby/Daddy" as he spent time serving our country in Iraq. He's been home for 8 years but the good 'ole US has called him into service again. I'm dusting this old blog off and using it again-mostly to communicate with him. Enjoy!
Sunday, January 20, 2013
The Six Pack
So, I got this group of ladies who are my girls. I mean, my full out besties. When I try to explain The Six Pack to anyone, I just walk away thinking, "they don't get it." The Six Pack formed about 14 years ago (Did I just write FOURTEEN?). Oh my word I'm starting to feel old. Anyway, I digress. This lovely group of ladies formed from our sorority and we've just stuck together. We're all in TX, but we're from a few locations, so we don't get together too often. Lately it's been about 2 or maybe even 3 times a year, which is pretty good when I think about it. One tradition we started while still in college was to do a Christmas party and gift exchange. We just celebrated our 13th party. Yeah, I know it's January. We moved it to January a few years back because with all our families and other obligations, December just got a little tough to get us all 6 together.
So we celebrated yesterday, and as my last friend left the house this morning I said, "I wish it was yesterday." Grown up friends are so much harder to make than college ones. And sometimes I just crave the bond I have with these ladies I've known for so long but seldom get to see.
We had great big fun yesterday (marred with a little disappointment since one of us couldn't make it at the last moment). This year we had our fellas in tow and we met up at my place mid afternoon. The gals had a bit of shopping before we all headed out to this new grown up bowling alley. Followed by dinner out and then dessert and games back at the house. 2 couples spent the night and the others met us in the morning for breakfast at my house. I sorta think it's funny how we continue to have slumber parties! But there is nothing I wouldn't do for any of the girls, and I feel so fortunate to be a part of a group like this. Perhaps everyone has a solid group of friends...I hope they do. But I'm certain no one else has a 6 Pack like mine! I guess we'll have to wait for the next wedding/baby shower before we all get together again, but in the meantime, I think we're all mentally planning that "big birthday" celebratory trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment