Friday, January 20, 2012

Holes in his jeans

Not really sure why that's the title, but I was just thinking about Little Baby and how he has TWO pair of pants with holes in them from all his hard play. And he's only 20 months old. And that sent my mind down a path...

I'm absolutely loving these days. I'm overwhelmed with the amount of blessing I feel. I don't deserve it, I don't know why God has blessed me so, I'm so thankful, and just loving life right now. I guess you could say I'm on one of those peaks folks experience on the "ups and downs of life." Sure, I've had the down times too, but even those aren't that low.

I'm part of a Bible study, and even after growing up in the church and being faithful, it's like I'm just now getting Jesus' sacrifice, but also his unexplainable love and joy. Joy! A different kinda joy than "happy". A peaceful underlying tone to life...security maybe?

I suppose an outsider could look at my life and make the claim that it would be easy for me to have joy. And it's true...I'm in a privileged group. I've got a home, Hubby has steady employment, my children are beautiful (biased, am I?). I guess there are lots of things I don't have, too, but who cares. I've got the good stuff. God, family, basic nees fulfilled. Gravy. I've got gravy, too.

I'm usually overwhelmed by the daily responsibilies of raising 2 kiddos, but I've recently taken a new view (I could be late on this...and I think it's becuase my selfishness has finally given way to motherly sacrifice). I'm THRILLED to be the one to teach my kids, lead my kids, and influence my kids like NO ONE else. I've heard other mothers talk aobut it, but I've just now gotten it. I GET to stay home with them. I GET to take them to school and bake cookies and shuttle around to activies and the park and zoo and whatever else.

OK, I could go on and on, but even here at 7 AM Baby is up and already gave me her good morning hug, and Little Baby has been singing in his crib for at least half an hour. Better get all this "I'm happy to be mothering" day started!

TGIF, and if you don't know the Joy Of the Lord, find it! Ask me or someone else who can explain it a lot better :)

No comments: