I will never ever as long as I live understand children. They are a bewildering, wild species to me. I wonder if that's how men think about women? Anywho, I can understand those who are so fascinated by those little tiny undeveloped brains that they want to study children psychiatry.
Not that this is a totally wild story, but here is what happened to lead me to these thoughts. I was cleaning the kitchen (as I continually do, yet no one would ever know), and realized I had lost tabs on the eldest of my children. And it was quiet. Always a bad sign.
So, I roamed about and found Baby, stripped with panties on only, knees bent, crouched, perched in springboard position on the end of my bed. Just ready to jump to the moon, so it appeared. One look over her shoulder, realizing she had been caught, a wild gleam in here eye, and she let loose with all her four year old glory, knowing she was wrong, but loving every second of the journey. I had to cross my eyes to keep myself from laughing, then sternly ordered her to do 10 push ups.
Now I ask...what, if anything would ever prompt YOU to take off all your clothes and jump off the side of your bed? Nothing, I'm pretty sure. But for Baby, it was just something she HAD to do. Ah...I wonder when and how we finally kill this wild drive and ambition out of our children in the name of proper behavior? It almost makes me sad from time to time. So I'll try to enjoy the journey, just like Baby.
1 comment:
That is too funny. And hilarious that you made her do push-ups as a consequence! Or maybe I'm just impressed that she can do 10 push ups, since I so can't.
Post a Comment