Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day Three, Monday and the Luau

First, I must digress. When we checked in, the woman went clackity clack on her keyboard and then said, "Oh, I see you've been upgraded to a partial ocean view." Aloha! Welcome to Hawaii, kids.










Monday began much the same as Sunday. Like at the crack of dawn. So we got up and actually went to the gym. Since this is an activity we both like and don't get to do as often as we wish, this was a good thing. And then off to another early morning breakfast before getting to the beach before the chair and umbrella stand even opened. When it did open Hubby was first in line. We had lots of lying about to get to! Which is exactly what we did for most of the day. We did take a mid-day break to trek around looking for a particular restaurant, which upon discovery, was open only for dinner. Blast! No bother, we found another place. That ONLY had a Japanese menu. Interesting. We ordered off the pictures and were nearly offended when the server asked if we needed chopsticks. Well, of course, what do you think?? If the menu wasn't even in English, don't you think we were looking for an experience? The food was good, and the chopsticks no problem. Then back to the beach since we were so wiped out from eating. One of my favorite pics is the one with Hubby carrying two treats. Sure, they weren't both for him, but as I said, we eat our way through vacations, so I thought it was appropriate! Monday evening we went to a Luau at the hotel. It was so cool! They had an imu (underground pit) where our pig had been roasting all day. Which was kinda gross to think about, but cool because of the whole ceremony thing. We learned that in Hawaii the men do all the cooking. I'm moving to Hawaii. And the dancing was super cool. I've got video of most everything, and I like to pretend that I'm going to do some awesome editing and make a short movie. And then invite all my friends to come over and see the modern day equivalent of a slide show. Ooooh! Don't you hope you are one of the lucky ones?! Anyway, we did get some cool video and some pics as well. Off to bed, because all this vacationing really tired us out, so we needed a vacation from our vacation, and it would start fairly early the next day (which, as previously mentioned, was not that big of a problem). Stay tuned to hear about our awesome day adventure to the Big Island and the National Volcano Park.

1 comment:

Grams said...

I love it all! So glad ya'll had a great time while Big Ben and I enjoyed the kiddos....