33 of 'em, and counting! Man, I tell you what. Even with the rough days thrown in every now and again, I sure am happy. Once in awhile I even call Hubby to tell him how happy I am. I just have to shake my head and thank God for all my undeserved blessings!
We have been up to a lot, so of course I haven't sat down to write about it...too busy! Big news is that we are house hunting. Haven't made any offers yet, but our house goes on the market next week, so I guess it looks like we are a-movin' folks! We've narrowed our search to a particular local neighborhood, so I'll keep ya updated.
So, back to this crazy blessed life I lead. I just have to shake my head. Baby had a dentist appointment today, and I got a reminder call about it earlier this week. The lady says, "We are now offering complimentary starbucks, what would you like? Uh...tall extra hot no fat cafe mocha please. Is that all? Uh...yes." Say, what?! Complimentary starbucks?! And the dentist is almost even a fun place to visit these days. A toy room for waiting, a TV on the ceiling, sunglasses to block the bright light, and toothpaste that tastes like...chocolate, orange, strawberry, or bubble gum, a balloon animal, plus a toy from the basket. For a 3 year old. Outta control. So glad I've heard the talk (twice now) how to raise kids in a consumer oriented world. Yikes! I mean...it's not like I turned down the starbucks, but we do need to keep it in perspective, folks.
Baby and I will be filling shoe boxes for a Christmas service project, and we plan to incorporate giving instead of receiving into our family Christmas celebration. Not to take the fun out of Christmas, but just to re-focus on this very blessed life we lead and to teach Baby and Little Baby our values.
Ok...Little Baby. What a joy! He is so happy and quite easy going now. Thank you for answered prayers! He takes more formula now, but he is still nursing a bit daily as well. Plus eating baby cereals and purees. He loves it! He rolls all the way over (for quite some time now), and prefers to sleep with his face planted (scary!). He is also quite vocal, and loves watching Baby. Baby enjoys shaking toys for him and playing with him. She is quite a helper! Unless she is wrapping his head in a burp cloth while being left unattended by Momma...yikes!
Enough for now. Will post again after our grown-ups only trip to Hawaii...how is that for a cliff hanger?!
5 comments:
The pediatic dentist must have a deal with an adult dentist and is trying to sell some of those teeth whitening trays - brilliant! Happy Birthday -- have a great trip!
Leave it to HP to serve free coffee at the dentist. ;) Glad you had a good birthday!!
I can't wait to hear more about your house search!
Happy Birthday! Cute blog Mrs Fellers! BTW i'm very jealous about that hawaii trip of yours! Cheers! Cheryl
Enjoyed your post! Man, I wish our pedi dentist had Starbucks! We do have a big indoor play area, though. What's up with that? Glad you had a happy birthday & that things are going well!
Hmm... grown ups only trip to Hawaii... I remember my parents going on one of those. About 9-months after my sis was born ;)
JOhn
Post a Comment